Assistant -or- Associate Director of College and Fair Relations
CLOSED: Friday, April 28, 2023
StriveScan was founded in 2016 and has been rapidly growing since its inception. With a mission to connect students and colleges through easy, efficient technology, our barcodes and mobile scanning app have been used at college fairs in 42 states and 68 countries. We partner with 19 ACACs, 7 ACRAOs, and hundreds of individual fairs nationwide. Our list of partners is constantly growing and we’re bringing on fairs in more states this fall!
Since the pandemic, StriveScan’s virtual college fairs have been leading the profession. We’ve created innovative virtual programs, recognized by the New York Times, that have served thousands of college representatives and hundreds of thousands of students from all 50 states.
To support StriveScan’s growth, we are seeking an ambitious, adaptable person to join our fully-remote, dynamic team and help us continue to strategize and execute at the highest levels of service.
Assistant Director -or- Associate Director of College and Fair Relations, commensurate with experience. A full-time, multi-functional, leadership role that serves as a primary contact person for college fair coordinators and college representatives using StriveScan. The role reports to the Senior Director of College and Fair Relations and will work alongside the entire team very closely.
This role will offer a high level of autonomy and directly impact the rollout, implementation, and management of StriveScan’s programs in different territories around the country. You will be essential to the operations and growth of StriveScan’s college fair scanning services. You’ll work with StriveScan’s association, college, and high school partners to ensure the successful execution of our events.
The ideal candidate has 3-7 years of experience working in an admissions office, traveling to and representing their institution at college fairs and high school visits. Additionally, they should have experience with college admission professional associations, such as serving on a committee of an ACAC or ACRAO affiliate, regional representative group, or comparable organization. Having served in a leadership capacity with one or more of these associations is strongly preferred.
The ideal candidate will also be at ease with advanced technology and digital devices, including fluent in mobile apps, web-based software, and social media. They should be excited about advancing their technical skills and creating seamless digital experiences for StriveScan’s reps and counselors.
A strong work ethic, problem-solving, leadership, communication skills, technical prowess, and curiosity are all critical to success in this position. StriveScan is a quickly growing company, so your job will be fast-paced and constantly evolving. We want someone who is ready to take on a variety of responsibilities while simultaneously executing at a high level.
- Deliver incredible support for association leaders, college fair coordinators, college representatives, and other StriveScan stakeholders–above and beyond industry standards.
- Work alongside StriveScan’s team to help plan, lead, and execute virtual and in-person programs in various territories nationwide.
- Serve as a training manager and contact person for college fair coordinators and build strong relationships with these individuals. Provide email and phone outreach to schedule trainings, conduct webinars, and provide follow up reporting, data, and analysis.
- Serve as a training coordinator and contact person for college representatives. Conduct educational webinars and provide email/phone support for colleges using StriveScan.
- Help facilitate StriveScan’s growth in new markets by leading outreach, demonstrations, and finding solutions for potential new partners.
- Maintain accurate records of interactions and progress in cloud-based tools.
- Be a proactive problem-solver, wherever it’s required.
- Travel to college fairs to provide on-site support, locally, nationally, and potentially internationally. Assist college representatives with account, app, and scanning issues. Oversee and assist with student registration.
- Travel to professional conferences and events to represent StriveScan, locally and nationally.
- Execute responsibilities in an environment that provides a high level of autonomy, while keeping supervisor informed of progress.
- Regular evening and some weekend travel and work will be required, especially during the fall and spring college fair and conference seasons.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Minimum of three years work experience in college/university admissions or high school/college counseling.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal skills, personal initiative, and poise.
- Demonstrate strong expertise in technology, computer, and mobile device skills.
- Experience with data analysis.
- Evidence of excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management, prioritization of tasks.
- Ability to travel alone, out of town, overnight.
- Ability to work independently from a home-office location.
- A valid driver’s license.
- The capability to stand for long periods of time and to lift and carry large quantities of sometimes heavy materials.
- Strong leadership and involvement in college admissions professional organizations (ACAC, ACRAO, regional rep group, etc.)
- Experienced and in-depth knowledge of a college recruitment territory.
- Experience with prospective student data processing and CRM.
- Knowledge and experience with technical systems like APIs, SQL, and automation.
Work Location: Fully Remote
StriveScan is technically based in Chicago but we have been a fully remote team, working from home, even prior to the pandemic. Team members are currently located in Chicago, Portland, San Diego, Charlotte and Philadelphia.
- This is a fully remote position where you will work primarily from a home-office environment, similar to a regional representative.
- This position will also require substantial, regular, overnight travel to college fairs and other meeting locations around the country, especially during the recruitment season.
- Candidates must be located in a major metropolitan area with easy access to direct flights to market locations.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Benefits include:
- Health/vision/dental insurance reimbursement
- Retirement account matching contributions
- Stipend for home internet/cell phone
- Pair of AirPod Pros
- Paid vacation days
- Full and half days off for select Summer Fridays
- Winter break off
- Application deadline: Friday, April 28, 2023
- Notifications and interviews: May-early June
- Start date: Mid-late June
Prior to hiring, the final candidate(s) must successfully pass a pre-employment background investigation, drug screening, and driving record check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
StriveScan is an Equal Employment/Equal Educational Opportunity Organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against because of their protected status. Applicants to and employees of this organization are protected under Federal law from discrimination on several bases.
Illinois ACAC Conference
Recognizing our college fair partners
NACAC in Seattle with friends
Catching up with a friend and NACAC Board Director
Friendly competition with our Carolinas ACRAO partners
Indiana ACAC Conference Session
Presenting with the Michigan College Fairs Committee
Team retreat in San Diego
Presenting with partners at SACRAO
Morning hike before meetings
Michigan ACAC Conference
Running into old friends at NACAC in Houston
Our photo booth at NACAC in Houston
Games by the camp fire
Zoom bombed by Santa
Meeting with Dallas regional reps
Social with friends and RACC leaders
Pennsylvania ACAC Conference in Hershey
Coffee meet up
Hawai’i ACAC Conference
Chicago regional rep meeting
Check out our Instagram, Facebook, or TikTok to see more of our work and adventures.
StriveScan is the future of college fairs and high school visits; be the future of StriveScan.