Director of College and Fair Relations
In-Person College Fairs
Virtual College Fairs
StriveScan was founded in 2016 and has been rapidly growing since its inception. With a mission to connect students and colleges through easy, efficient technology, our barcodes and mobile scanning app have been used at college fairs in 42 states and 68 countries. We partner with 18 ACACs, 5 ACRAOs, and hundreds of individual fairs nationwide. Our list of partners continues to grow each year.
Since the pandemic, StriveScan’s virtual college fairs have been leading the profession. We’ve created innovative virtual programs, recognized by the New York Times, that have served thousands of college representatives and hundreds of thousands of students from all 50 states.
To support StriveScan’s growth, we are seeking an ambitious, adaptable person to join our fully-remote, dynamic team and help us continue to strategize and execute at the highest levels of service.
The Director of College and Fair Relations is a full-time, multi-functional, leadership role that serves as a primary contact person for college fair coordinators and college representatives using StriveScan. You will drive StriveScan’s strategic development, market expansion, and execution of several key programs.
You will report to StriveScan’s President and work alongside the Senior Director of College and Fair Relations, as well as three Associate Directors. You will share similar responsibilities to the Senior Director, dividing territories and programs. This role will offer a high level of autonomy and directly impact the rollout, implementation, and management of StriveScan’s virtual and in-person programs in different regions around the country.
The ideal candidate has strong, recent experience with a national recruitment territory from a large institution. This may include hands-on involvement with planning your institution’s travel and recruitment activities nationwide (college fairs, visits, case studies, etc.) or overseeing regional territory managers.
The ideal candidate will also be at ease with technology and digital devices, including fluent in mobile apps, web-based software, and social media. They should be excited about advancing their technical skills and creating seamless digital experiences for StriveScan’s reps and counselors.
A strong work ethic, problem-solving, leadership, communication skills, technical prowess, and curiosity are critical to success in this position. StriveScan is a quickly growing company, so your job will be fast-paced and constantly evolving. We want someone who is ready to take on a variety of responsibilities while simultaneously executing at a high level.
- Lead StriveScan’s strategic market growth, feature development, and operations.
- Work alongside a Senior Director counterpart with similar responsibilities in various territories nationwide.
- Deliver incredible support for association leaders, college fair coordinators, college representatives, and other StriveScan stakeholders–above and beyond industry standards.
- Serve as a training manager and contact person for college fair coordinators and build strong relationships with these individuals. Provide email and phone outreach to schedule trainings, conduct webinars, and provide follow up reporting, data, and analysis.
- Serve as a training coordinator and contact person for college representatives. Conduct educational webinars and provide support for colleges using StriveScan.
- Oversee virtual fair operations and help coordinate a large staff of part-time virtual program facilitators.
- Research new markets, build relationships, and pursue growth opportunities.
- Maintain accurate records of interactions and progress in cloud-based tools.
- Be a proactive problem-solver, wherever it’s required.
- Execute responsibilities in an environment that provides a high level of autonomy, while keeping supervisor informed of progress.
- Regular evening and some weekend travel and work will be required, especially during the fall and spring college fair and conference seasons.
- Travel to college fairs to provide on-site support, locally and nationally. Assist college representatives with account, app, and scanning issues. Oversee and assist with student registration.
- Travel to professional events to represent StriveScan, locally and nationally.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Minimum of five years work experience in college/university admissions or high school/college counseling.
- Experience directly managing a nationwide recruitment territory, for example: overseeing a team of regional admissions officers or overseeing travel and territory management within the undergraduate admission office.
- Demonstrated leadership in college admissions professional organizations (ACAC, ACRAO, regional rep group, etc.).
- Strong expertise in technology, computer, and mobile device skills.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal skills, personal initiative, and poise.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Experience with data analysis.
- Evidence of excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management, prioritization of tasks.
- Ability to travel alone, out of town, overnight.
- Ability to work independently from a home-office location.
- A valid driver’s license.
- The capability to stand for long periods of time and to lift and carry large quantities of sometimes heavy materials.
- Given the background of our current team, candidates with recent experience at a large institution’s undergraduate admissions office will be strongly prioritized.
- Power user of Zoom’s meeting and webinar advanced features.
- Experience with prospective student data processing and CRM.
- Knowledge and experience with technical systems like APIs, SQL, and automation.
Work Location: Fully Remote
StriveScan is based in Chicago but has been a fully remote team, working from home, even prior to the pandemic. Team members are located in Chicago, Portland, Charlotte, Philadelphia, and Salt Lake City.
- This is a fully remote position where you will work primarily from a home-office environment, similar to a regional representative.
- With team members in every continental time zone, we generally operate around Central Time for consistency, though we are also considerate of each person’s location and hours whenever possible.
- Despite being fully remote, the team works in a highly collaborative way through regular virtual team meetings, one-on-one chats, robust messaging via Slack, and other channels. We build trust and collegiality through open communications, social events, and we also regularly travel with each other to attend fairs, conferences, or our team retreats.
- This position will also require substantial, regular, overnight travel to college fairs and other meeting locations around the country, especially during the recruitment and conference seasons.
- Preference for candidates to be located in a major metropolitan area with easy access to direct flights to market locations.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Benefits include health insurance reimbursement, retirement contribution, home internet/cell phone stipend, paid vacation, and winter break.
- Priority deadline: Friday, May 20, 2022
- Notifications and interviews: Late May-early June
Prior to hiring, the final candidate(s) must successfully pass a pre-employment background investigation, drug screening, and driving record check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
StriveScan is an Equal Employment/Equal Educational Opportunity Organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against because of their protected status. Applicants to and employees of this organization are protected under Federal law from discrimination on several bases.
Illinois ACAC Conference
Recognizing our college fair partners
NACAC in Seattle with friends
Catching up with former colleagues at a fair
Friendly competition with our Carolinas ACRAO partners
Exploring before the fair
Presenting with the Michigan College Fairs Committee
Space Needle in Seattle
Celebrating successful fairs in Iowa
“Spring” fairs in Minneapolis
Michigan ACAC Conference
Lunch meeting with a view
Reconnecting with fair partners
Games by the camp fire
Zoom bombed by Santa
Meeting with Dallas regional reps
Leading RMACAC’s Government Relations Committee
Pennsylvania ACAC Conference in Hershey
Coffee meet up
Hawai’i ACAC Conference
Chicago regional rep meeting